Friday, January 21, 2011

Starting a Discussion Group

I just had dinner with an old mission companion who was in DC visiting her brother.  It was wonderful to see her after all this time and find out what she's been up to.  Surprisingly she's been doing a lot of things that I've been so interested in this past year.  She wrote for a blog called Mormon Women Thinking.  No one has posted on it in awhile because the contributors (she was an magazine editor and had a lot of journalist friends) have moved on, but it still has some interesting things to read.  More than anything I just found it so ironic after I had just started a similar blog myself.  Then I told her of my idea to start a discussion group kinda like a book club but topic based, and wouldn't you know it -- she was an active participant of just such a group in Salt Lake called Think Again!  I knew we were friends for a reason!  Check the website out, very cool stuff.

Anyway, what do you ladies think about starting a group like that?  I already have a name (because that's the most important thing)  "Woot" group or club or something like that.  See, Women of Thought but also that geeky jargon wo0t, wo0t!, and the delightful internet bargain site woot.com.  Okay... we can talk about the name, but other than that what do you think?  Should we give it a try?

2 comments:

  1. I'm game. And I like the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea. Sadly, we move in early summer - so I only have a few more months to think deep thoughts with you great ladies.

    ReplyDelete